With a view to spread knowledge and alertness about AIDS, the government of Tamil Nadu established Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society, to provide proper care to AIDS patients and prevent their mistreatment in the human society. It was initially formed in the name of State AIDS project cell in 1993 under the Directorate of Medical Education at Chennai. Later in 1994 it got changed to Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society (TANSACS or TNSACS).
To enhance the service of TANSACS, they have recently issued fresh notification for the recruitment of skilled and eligible candidates on the various positions available in the institution. Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society has released notice to enroll Staff Nurse, Lab Technician, Data Manager, Counselor, and other such posts under its recruitment scheme 2013.
The details of positions, eligibility, application process, selection process along with other minute information are explained here.
- Staff Nurse (ART/ Link ART Centres): 40 posts
- Pharmacist (ART Centres): 14 posts
- Data Manager (ART Centres): 27 posts
- Care Co-ordinator (Art Centre): 15 posts
- Counsellor (ART Centres): 06 posts
- Lab Technician (ART): 03 posts
- Counsellor (ICTC/ STI): 70 posts
- Social Workers (Legal Aid Clinic): 03 posts
- Lab Technician (ICTC/ STI): 60 posts
- Lab Technician (Blood Bank): 29 posts
- Program Assistant (DAPCU): 07 posts
- Account Assistant (DAPCU): 03 posts
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (DAPCU): 05 posts
- Deputy Director (IEC) at HQ TANSACS: 01 post
- Deputy Director (ICTC) at HQ TANSACS: 01 post
- Asst. Director (ICTC) at HQ TANSACS: 01 post
- Assistant Director (TI) at HQ TANSACS: 01 post
- State HIV/ TB Consultant at HQ TANSACS: 01 post
Age of the candidates participating in this job fair should not exceed 62 years as on 1/12/2013. Age relaxation is not applicable for these posts.
Candidates should hold B. Sc (Nursing)/Diploma for post no 1. For other educational qualifications, candidates can refer official notification.
Candidates deserving as per the eligibility norms can apply for these posts in prescribed format given on the website. Aspirants can download this format from their official website www.tansacs.in and complete the form as per the instructions given there. After completing application in all respects along with attaching all necessary documents, send it to official address.
The Project Director,
Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society,
No 417, Pantheon Salai,
Egmore, Chennai- 600 008
Candidates will be selected on the basis of personal interview and merits of their certificate.
Last date of accepting applications: 29/11/2013